Friday, February 1, 2008

One Year

Wednesday was our 1 year Anniversary of meeting each other. I can't believe a year has gone by already! It's gone so fast...most likely due to how wonderful it has been.

To celebrate, we went to dinner at Chili's and rented Donnie Darko...everyone kept telling me that I needed to watch it. I really enjoyed the movie. How the whole story tied together was really thought provoking...I can't quite wrap my head around it completely to explain my thoughts, but I'll get there eventually.

Patrick and I were talking about the last year...it really has moved quickly. We had a fairly quick start...okay, it was really quick, yet we both were at a point in our lives when we met where we weren't "ready" to be in a serious relationship. He had just gotten out of a 2 year relationship and I was still pretty fresh out of my previous 3 year marriage. Regardless, our hearts had an undeniable connection. It just took a month or so for us to admit it. :) Then the rest of the time flew by quickly.

We're super happy...life is good. We're a great pair. A grease monkey and a Mary Kay lady. :)

No comments: