Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Project

Around the time of my last post, I remember telling Patrick, NO NEW PROJECTS for awhile!!! Well, that lasted a few days. Patrick found a frame for his hot rod. :) I'd try to hit all the details and years, but I know I'd get it wrong, so I'll have to come back and update that info. However, I DO have pictures:


My favorite part of the frame is the wheels. The wood inside the metal looks sooo awesome! I think they would make a sweet table somehow, but Patrick is giving those back to the guy that sold the frame to him. Apparently the hub part is still good and can be sold to another customer. Oh well.

Patrick and his buddy, Tom have already started tearing apart the frame, and Patrick has made several purchases of the necessary parts to get this thing legally on the road. I will document the process...because it's fun to see the whole journey. Wish us luck!


****UPDATE****
It's a 1928 Buick frame, and the truck going on it is a 1941 Diamond T. There's some detail for you that I otherwise would be clueless about!!

No comments: